Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Product Rave!

After the Travalo product review I thought I'd like to go back to a makeup item. 

Now those that have known me since I was 18 will probably know that I have been sort of a makeup enthusiast.

When I cleared out my cupboard in my dorm before moving back to Singapore, I realised that I had a LOT of products. 

At the time it was not a really large collection but substantial. 

I'm glad i didn't have that much cos it would be a pain to bring the stuff back and forth. 

So I started off pretty basic. 

Powder, blush, EYELINER( must die-die have) and a lip balm or gloss. 

Because I was schooling I just put on the basics.

Foundation application was always a nightmare for me. 

I began with two way cakes. 

Revlon, then ZA if im not mistaken. 

However it tended to MELT throughout the day. 

:( 

Damn sad. 

And the fact that I had an oily face didn't make it any easier either. 

Application of the two way cake would normally consist of the sponge. 

Then I graduated to a MAC studiofix in NC40. 

It had better payoff for sure (cos you're paying more right?) 

But I would look cakey. 

Lets just say it wasn't pretty. 

Especially when you tried to pat it on again. 

Rookie mistake. 

Then I graduated again, this time to a MAC studiofix liquid foundation. 

And i realised i REALLY liked liquid foundation! 

But application again was a major bummer. 

I tried sponge, i tried my fingers, i even used the MAC foundation brush and the duo-fibre stippling brush. 

ALL made me look streaky (except for finger application - but it made my face oilier) 

SO last year....

(yes im getting to the point of this post) 

I invested in a SIGMA FLAT TOP SYNTHETIC KABUKI BRUSH (F80) 


*Sigma is a relatively new company. It sells makeup brushes and SOME eyeshadows on their website. The quality of their product is fantastic AND way cheaper than a MAC brush. I would know cos i've spent quite a sum on those! 

A lot of YouTube makeup gurus I watch use these products. 

I will link those people on my side bar for your reference! *



It is now my FAVOURITE way to apply liquid foundation! 

It is a synthetic material (so you don't have to worry if its boar hair or any other animal hair) 

and 

it makes application fantastic. 

WHY?

Firstly, its a dense brush. The fibres are packed tightly together so you can stipple the product over your face without dispensing so much product! 

Secondly, it allows you to buff the product into the skin, making it STREAK-FREE! Because lets face it, we don't want our face to look good in some areas and blotchy in others. 

Lastly, (this has got nothing to do with application) it is EASY TO CLEAN.

Yes, foundation brushes must be cleaned regularly. 

You don't want dirt and grime on your brush! 

The handle is long enough, and the barrel is a nice thick barrel for you to grip on and its AMAZING! 

My holy grail product. 

There's even a TRAVEL sized one! 

So pretty. 

SO if you DO use a liquid foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizer, I reallllly recommend this product for you. 

I have been using it for the past 4-5 months and I dare say the makeup application is BETTER than ever.

Remember, if your foundation ain't great then the rest doesn't matter even if it was applied fantastically. 

You can purchase the F80 (the non-travel one) from ShoppingDistrict (local) or Sigma Beauty

On the Shopping District website they only carry the non-travel version and retails for SGD29.50 (incl. of local postage) 

However if you want to get it on sigmabeauty then you'll be charged for shipping. 



Please leave your comments or suggestions on new entries and I'll try to get an entry up on that. 

Thank you friends for reading! 


xoxo,
Mary 



3 comments:

  1. Interesting! I use bb cream...but i do not know how to apply using brush...is there any right or wrong way to use a brush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. KHA! how nice of you to comment! =D that's a good question! after a lot of research on youtube, i noticed that a lot of the Guru's started from the centre of the face (your nose area) and then radiating outwards to the back of your cheeks. you also want to brush downward following the direction of the tiny hairs on your face. something that you can do with fingers as well.

    btw i STILL don't like BB creams. it makes me look white and pasty. i tried. another brand the garnier bb cream. but i LOVE the one for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary!!! Thanks for sharing this!! I bought e MAC liquid foundation too but doesnt seem to do any justice to my face... I guess it must be e way how i applied it la. So yeah, now u make me wanna buy e brush as well! I shall try and let u know how's e outcome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete